Filtering is not working on second result page

• lukaszp
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #2556 by lukaszp
Hello,

I upgraded to Custom Properties for Joomla 3 and encounter an error while filtering with tags.

Example:
1. Go to subpage with CP Layout:
dev.mrcutout.com/index.php/people-cutouts

2. Click Walking tag:
dev.mrcutout.com/index.php?option=com_cu...ople_other%5D%5B%5D=

Results are OK here.

3. Go to second or any further search result page:
dev.mrcutout.com/index.php/people-cutouts?cp [activity_cutout_category][0]=walking&cp[activity_cutout_category][1]=&cp[season_cutout_category][0]=&cp[character_cutout_category][0]=&cp[space_cutout_category][0]=&cp[view_cutout_category][0]=&cp[people_other][0]=&limit=49&start=49

Result are not OK. It's just second page of all articles without filtering by tag - tags are simply ignored. You can see it on debug info.

I did some research and comparison with my site before an upgrade (new.mrcutout.com) which is working fine and find out that there is a difference in urls. If I add '/search' to url before parameters the search results become correct then:
dev.mrcutout.com/index.php/people-cutouts/search?cp [activity_cutout_category][0]=walking&cp[activity_cutout_category][1]=&cp[season_cutout_category][0]=&cp[character_cutout_category][0]=&cp[space_cutout_category][0]=&cp[view_cutout_category][0]=&cp[people_other][0]=&limit=49&start=49

Could you please take a look at this? It's pretty urgent for me as I didn't notice the problem on my development environment and my main site is not working correctly now.

Regards,
Lukasz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #2557 by andrea_4g
Replied by andrea_4g on topic Filtering is not working on second result page
It looks like some variables get stripped from the URL. Are you using any third party SEF/SEO component?

• lukaszp
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #2558 by lukaszp
Only Easy Frontend SEO which is changing title for some subpages. I've disabled it, just to be sure but there is no change.

Please see the link which is generated for '2' page:
dev.mrcutout.com/index.php/people-cutouts?cp [activity_cutout_category][0]=walking&cp[activity_cutout_category][1]=&cp[season_cutout_category][0]=&cp[character_cutout_category][0]=&cp[space_cutout_category][0]=&cp[view_cutout_category][0]=&cp[people_other][0]=&limit=49&start=49

It's generated that way, not changed after clicking button '2'.

More
7 years 1 month ago #2559 by andrea_4g
There must be something that's interfering with the construction of the pagination URLs.

I could not replicate the problem you are experiencing on our demo site: demo31.solidsystem.it/ . Note: I had to force the number of results per page to 2 to trigger the pagination for each search.
You can try it yourself, if you want.

In any case, there are a couple of things that you can do that I believe will fix the problem.

1) set parameter 'Use Itemid' in Custom Properties config > Results Formatting > Links and URLs to 'Same page'
and / or
2) set parameter Itemid of Custom Properties Search module 'People cutouts search' to the Menu Item id of 'people-cutout'.

• lukaszp
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #2560 by lukaszp

2) set parameter Itemid of Custom Properties Search module 'People cutouts search' to the Menu Item id of 'people-cutout'.

This is my current configuration actually.

1) set parameter 'Use Itemid' in Custom Properties config > Results Formatting > Links and URLs to 'Same page'

Does not help neither.

I've checked your demo and noticed that the url for page 2 is:
demo31.solidsystem.it/index.php/en/compo...customproperties/?cp [spiciness][0]=&cp[price][0]=&cp[with_fish][0]=&cp[difficulty][0]=easy&cp[sparkling_wine][0]=&cp[alcohol][0]=&cp[varietal][0]=&cp[text_search]=&limitstart=0

It also does not contains /search?cp... but it's working... So where is the problem? The url or filtering?

More
7 years 1 month ago #2561 by andrea_4g
There could be several factors that effects you installation:
- your webserver Url rewriting configuration
- the SEO third party component that is not really disabled
- other settings

I will contact you in private form to gather more info.

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds